Since this course focuses on leadership in an software development environment, you are expected to read at least one book on the topic. These are some suggestions, but you are free to propose another. Check with your instructor to see if your selected reading is acceptable.
Note: some of the suggested books are about leadership in general rather than strictly focused on software development.
Possible books and articles:
- Coaching Agile Teams by Lyssa Adkins
- Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting Out of the Box by the Arbinger Institute
- On Becoming a Leader by Warren Bennis
- Outward Bound Lessons to Live a Life of Leadership by Mark Michaux Brown
- Fun Retrospectives by Paulo Caroli and Tainã Caetano available at: https://leanpub.com/funretrospectives/c/caroli-org
- Leading Without Authority, by Keith Ferrazzi
- The Dark Side of Agile Software Development, a paper by Andrea James and Giancarlo Succi available at: http://darkagilemanifesto.org/dark-side-of-agile-janes-succi-splash-2012.pdf
- Inclusify: The Power of Uniqueness and Belonging to Build Innovative Teams by Stefanie K. Johnson
- Reinventing Organizations by Frederic Laloux
- The Fifth Discipline: The Art & Practice of the Learning Organization by Peter Senge.
- The Great ScrumMaster by Zuzana Sochova
- Scrum Mastery: From Good to Great Leadership by Geoff Watts, Rebecca Traeger, et al.